Portable amplifier/player with high-resolution audio playback – including DSD
TEAC's HA-P90 is a high-resolution audio player and headphone amp for audiophiles on the go. A built-in microSD card slot can be loaded with high-resolution audio, up to 192kHz/24-bit or Direct Stream Digital (DSD) at 2.8MHz or 5.6MHz. A high-end Burr Brown PCM1795 converter plays audio from the card, USB input or from iOS or Android portable devices.
Audio electronics include Burr Brown OPA1602 SoundPLUS op amps, dual sample clocks for 44.1k and 48k multiples, discrete electronics and push-pull circuitry. A 170mW + 170mW headphone out is one of the highest-power amps available, and drives loads from 8 to 600 ohms. The HA-P90SD supports WAV, FLAC, MP3, AAC, DSF and DFF files, either from the internal card or using the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for iOS and Android devices.
All of this great-sounding audio is housed in a robust all-aluminum chassis, available in either red or black. With flexible audio format support – including DSD – and a powerful headphone amplifier, TEAC’s HA-P90SD is the ultimate portable player for discerning listeners.
Portable Headphone Amplifier
- Multi-function miniplug input jack compatible with analog line, and digital optical and coaxial inputs.
- Compatible digital input formats:
DSD64 (2.8M)/DSD128 (5.6MHz),1-bit?USB A, USB MicroB ports only?
- DSD128 (5.6MHz) native playback via digital input from Windows, Macintosh, iOS & Android devices.
- Direct iOS Lightning® or 30-pin USB cable connection (Apple Camera Connection Kit not required).
- Free high-resolution TEAC HR Audio Player application compatible with Windows, Macintosh, iOS & Android devices.
- Asynchronous mode supported.
- Operating time: 7 hours continuous (when connected to iOS digital player).
- DSD128 (5.6MHz) or DSD64 (2.8MHz) native playback from inserted microSD card.
- Maximum microSD card capacity: 128GB
- Compatible sound file formats: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, DSF, and DSDIFF (DFF)
- PCM bit rate: 16-bit/24-bit
- PCM sampling rate: 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192kHz (FLAC: 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz with planned firmware update)
- Operating time: 6 hours, continuous (DSD128, 5.6MHz; Power mode: Low; Gain: Low; Phones: 32Ω; Output: 1mW + 1mW)
- Automatic multi-format tag sorting (track name, album, artist, playlist, favorite)
- Repeat mode (Single repeat, specified range repeat)
- Shuffle mode (ON/OFF)
- Playback range designation: (Track name, album, artist, genre, playlist, favorite)
- Equalizer (4 presets)
- Gapless playback (ON/OFF)
- Discreet headphone amplifier utilizes audio op-amp and push-pull circuitry.
- High power output (Impedance: 8 – 600Ω) of 170mW + 170mW (at 32Ω load).
- Analog Device Inc. BF606 Blackfin® processor.
- Burr-Brown PCM1795 D/A converter.
- Dedicated 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz high-precision crystal master clock generators.
- Burr-Brown OPA1602 SoundPLUS® audio op-amp.
- Separate digital and analog circuit layout.
- High/Low Gain switch and 4-step attenuator combine for 8 possible output settings.
- Digital coaxial output for microSD card data and digital USB input.
- Digital coaxial output of DSD64 (2.8MHz) via DoP (with planned firmware update).
- Slim 21.5mm-thick case.
- Robust all-aluminum construction minimizes susceptibility to external noise.
- Dimmer function.
- Display brightness adjustment.
- Automatic power-off function
- USB quick-charge using supplied USB-A DC charging cable (full charge: 4 hr).
- RoHS compliant.